Food 4 Thought
Maria has planned and is serving up a simple family meal for 4, just follow the online video guide and instructions and enjoy. This is how you can participant in the Take 5 steps to wellbeing as part of maintaining a healthy diet. Why not have a go and enjoy! #NBTake5.
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons – curry powder
- 1 – 2 red chillies – sliced
- 1 teaspoon – brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tin baked beans 50g cabbage – grated Salt & pepper to season
- 50g carrot – grated Meat/Poultry/Fish is optional Mixed peppers – sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic – chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger – chopped
How to Cook
- Fry the onions and chillies in olive oil until soft on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and sugar, then mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, carrots and peppers and turn down to a low heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the tinned tomatoes and cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the tinned beans 5 minutes before serving just to heat through. Taste and season with salt & pepper. Serve, eat and Enjoy!
For further information on the Take 5 Steps to Wellbeing Programme, email: email@example.com or visit: https://www.ashtoncentre.com/take-5-steps-to-wellbeing-north-belfast-programme/