VacanciesSee all the latest Vacancies Ashton Community Trust has to offer
Vacancies @ Ashton, keep a look out here for upcoming job opportunities with Ashton.
Community Development Officer - Closing date 25th November 2019 at 12 noon.
The role holder will be involved in empowering the local community as part of Ashton Community Trust’s strategic plan. The role holder will be involved in everyday issues such as: community safety, children and young people, leisure, education, political ex-prisoners, health & well-being, housing, human rights, physical renewal, employment, regeneration and the local environment. The role holder will develop and empower local groups and individuals to advocate for the community.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To build relationships within the local community to implement programmes, develop new ones and roll them out, ensuring that local people have their say.
- To explore new community areas or new programme areas that Ashton can develop services within and seek to develop and implement these.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities for the local community to get involved in and actively seek new and innovative ways to involve and empower the community.
- Liaise with schools, funders, agencies, community groups etc. to develop and deliver services
- Support other existing programmes and on-going projects run by Ashton.
- To attend community meetings, training, events and activities as required
- To undertake all administrative requirements of the role and regularly report to management committee.
- Build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Develop knowledge of current additional programmes and support networks likely to benefit the support, development and progression of local people.
- To support ongoing improvement in the governance and capacity of community organisations
- Attend and represent Ashton at all relevant meetings of local groups
For a Candidate Information Pack, click here.
Smile Sure Start Childcare Worker - Closing date Friday 22nd November 2019 at 12 noon
The childcare worker will be responsible for organising and implementing a stimulating and varied programme of childcare activities. This post will be specifically in the Programme for twos and the post holder will assist in the provision of childcare that supports the delivery of the Smile Sure Programmes and will work with Parent & Children living in the Smile Surestart area.
- To provide a safe, stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities for children aged under 2 years.
- To promote the social, emotional, physical, creative and cognitive development of children. To provide a welcoming child centred environment.
- To contribute to the development of programmes e.g. DE Programme for 2 Year Olds / Stay and Play and Play and Development programmes.
- To develop supportive relationships with parents/carers and encourage parental involvement with the project.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with other agencies, community groups, children, parents, volunteers, schools and nurseries.
- To ensure preparation and maintenance of all facilities required, such as play rooms, materials and equipment and ensure all facilities and resources are left clean and tidy after sessions.
- To ensure a good standard of hygiene and safety and observe all relevant health and safety rules and guidelines.
- To keep a register and attendance record of children as required, a daily diary of events/activities and any other such records as may be required in a clear, detailed and accurate manner.
- To ensure confidentiality of information relating to children and families at all times.
- To comply with relevant policies and procedures and be aware of and work in accordance with relevant legislation at all times.
- To submit reports as required.
- To participate in induction and training programmes, meetings and supervision as required.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as considered appropriate.
Ashton is an Equal Opportunities employer you are expected to adhere to the Equal Opportunities / Policy throughout the duration of your employment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are not meant to be definitive nor restricted and may be modified to meet changing needs. It should be notes therefore that duties, designation and location of the post might be subject to change in the future to meet the changing requirements of the service.
For a Candidate Information Pack, click here.