VacanciesSee all the latest Vacancies Ashton Community Trust has to offer
Casual Youth Workers: New Lodge Arts & New Lodge Youth Club - Closing date Friday 28th September 2018 at 12 noon
Ashton Community Trust wishes to engage casual youth support workers to support the delivery the following programmes for young people:
- Youth work related roles at the New Lodge Youth Centre. This will range from drop in work, delivery of focused projects or detached work.
- New Lodge Arts: Youth Support Workers will support artists in the facilitation of a wide range of arts-based activities with children and young people from across the North Belfast area.
If successful you will be required to attend training as part of your induction to the organisation.
- To encourage a fun, positive, participative, youth-centred atmosphere
- To ensure that young people play an active role in group and work towards a model of youth participation.
- To communicate effectively and develop a rapport with young people (and their families).
- Support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge and in taking action to address key issues in their lives.
- To work directly with children and young people through the provision of programmes of activities that
- support their mental and emotional wellbeing and enable them to express and realise their goals
- To support children and young people for whom there are barriers to learning/educational aspiration and attainment and school readiness or children presenting with behaviour difficulties
- Implement Ashton Community Trust’s Child Protection Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy and work with young people to safeguard their welfare and the welfare of others.
- To monitor and record participant’s attendance and development
- To enable young people to work effectively in groups.
- Any other reasonable duties to support the delivery of New Lodge Arts Programmes.