CALL/ICT (Community Access to Lifelong Learning), funded by the Department for Communities, is Ashton’s Essential Skills service that supports individuals to achieve Essential Skills qualifications in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT. The service allows residents of within the BT14 and BT15 area to improve their skills in English and mathematics using ICT, in order to improve the possibility of finding further training, education and / or employment opportunities. Essential Skills works at ground level to assist people in gaining employment and / or increasing their employability. Improved skills in Literacy and Numeracy empower individuals to make informed decisions for their future by raising standards of education, and providing a progression route to other training opportunities that may enable them to gain employment.
Ashton Essential Skills is an approved OCNNI centre, delivering solely accredited courses in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT from Entry Level 1 to Level 2. Participants at the higher Levels 1 and 2 are entered for the OCNNI external examination in Communication and Application of Number.
Our service is open to residents within postcodes BT14 and BT15. It is open to everyone over 16 years with no upper age limit. Our services are person centred and based on the theory that no single approach to teaching and learning will suit everyone. Courses are delivered in small group settings and one-to-one provision is also available. All courses and delivery are monitored, evaluated and outcomes recorded.
The service provides holistic support to participants including: course and career guidance; mentoring; study skills tuition; exam preparation and progression routes to further education and training or employment. We also refer participants to other Ashton services including Belfast Works, Family Support and Bridge of Hope. In addition, many of our participants are referred to us by these projects.
More details here about Ashton and its services can be found: www.ashtoncentre.com
Please Complete the Attached Tender Invitation.
The tender format is as follows:
- Applicants must demonstrate and provide evidence where appropriate how they meet all elements of the essential criteria. Please note it is important to address each criterion listed above in your application. Failure to do so will result in your tender application being deemed ineligible.
- Applicants must state clearly how they will approach course delivery within CALL/ICT Essential Skills.
- Applicants must include a completed Declaration of Employment Status form.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to service delivery.
- Applicants must include a full and up to date CV including recent examples of similar work with adults.
- Applicants must include a copy of all relevant certificates.
- Applicants must outline what days and times they would be available to deliver services for CALL/ICT Essential Skills.
- Successful applicants will undergo pre-employment checks.
Please note any successful tender will only be valid for the period from 1st February 2022 to 31st March 2022 in the first instance.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 028 9074 2255.
Wednesday 9th February 2022 @ 12:00