Ashton Community Trust has received funding through Belfast City Council to administer the Fuel Poverty Hardship Fund in the following Wards, New Lodge, Duncairn, Waterworks and Chichester Park.
To check if you are one of the four wards Ashton are looking after please visit: https://www.ninis2.nisra.gov.uk/public/AreaProfile.aspx Put your postcode in and select Ward as the Geography in the drop-down list and click the little play icon. If Ashton aren’t looking after your ward, you will get a complete list of other organisations looking after other areas here: https://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/fuelhardshipfund
The fund is aimed at providing support to those most in need during the cost of living crisis. If you meet any of the following criteria, you may be able to get assistance from the fund.
- A member of the household is entitled to free school meals
- A member of the household has recently become unemployed
- A member of the household is in receipt of means tested benefits
- The household is in debt with an energy provider
- The gross annual household income is less than £60,000
Ashton will be supporting people wishing to access the fund at the following locations.
- Tuesday 10th January 1pm – 3pm – Chichester Library, 109 Salisbury Ave, Belfast, BT15 5EB
- Wednesday 11th January 10am – 1pm – Duncairn Community Centre, Upper Mervue St, Belfast, BT15 2JZ
- Thursday 12th January 10am – 1pm – Newington Housing Association 300 – 302 Limestone Rd, Belfast, BT15 3AR
- Thursday 12th January 5pm – 7pm – McCrory Hall 130 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast, BT15 2GL
- Friday 13th January 10am – 1pm – Ashton Centre, 5 Churchill Street, Belfast, BT15 2BP
As funding is limited, please ensure you bring evidence of your eligibility with you to access the fund. As demand is expected to be high, once allocation is reached no more assistance can be provided.
To check eligibility and evidence required, please visit: https://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/fuelhardshipfund
For further information contact Christine McKeown email@example.com (028) 90 742 255