The Community Family Support Programme programme is a part of a consortium available across Belfast and is designed to empower people to make positive decisions and aims to improve the quality of their lives.
During the programme families receive help from professionally qualified family support workers to address the health, social, economic, educational, employment and training issues that impact on their daily lives.
The programme is delivered by community family support organisations in the heart of the community.
What support will families receive?
Family support workers engage and consult with parents of children and young people to promote early intervention.
Families are experts in their own lives, we take a holistic approach, providing a menu of services to meet individual needs.
The support provided on the programme is directly matched to the expressed needs of the families participating and may include help with:
· Encouraging better relationships within families, childcare, role models and caring responsibilities
· Accessing suitable education, employment and training opportunities
· Developing skills to find work, creating CVs, job-searching and preparation for job interviews
· Help build self-confidence, motivation and social skills.
· Parenting skills.
· Money management and benefit advice.
· Healthy living.
· Stress management.
· Reducing isolation.
· Support with behavioural issues.
· Improving self-confidence and motivation.
How can a family participate on the programme?
Entry onto the programme is voluntary and referrals can be made by contacting CFSP Ashton or through a third party such as Health & Social Care Trusts, Sure Start, Family Support Hubs or any other organisations that are already working with you.
The family will:
· Live in North Belfast
· Have educational, employment, training health, social, or economic issues that need to be addressed.
· Have at least one member of the family aged 16 or over unemployed or economically inactive.
Kris Morrison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadine Fay: email@example.com
Eileen O’Prey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel:(028) 90 742255