The 9th Annual Ashton Community Bursary Awards were held on Thursday the 13th December in the McSweeney Centre in Henry Place. The purpose of the scheme is to enable Ashton to provide financial assistance to other community groups in the area that are short of financial resources and that rely mainly on the commitment of volunteers. This year’s awards ceremony saw 16 local groups receive financial support to assist with their work. In total over £6,000 in cheques was provided. Over £50,000 has now been donated to local groups by Ashton since the beginning of the awards scheme.
- Help into Work or Training for 16-24 year old’s – Ashton CORE Project
- Interested in working in Retail – Ashton CORE Project
- Interested in working in a Warehouse – CORE Project
- Calling All Residents – Do you have the Essential Skills for everyday life and work?
- Breakthrough Programme ***Calling All Young People Aged 16 – 24***