VacanciesSee all the latest Vacancies Ashton Community Trust has to offer
Youth Support Workers x 2 - (6 hours per week) - Closing date Friday 24th August 2018 at 12 noon.
Main purpose of job:
The post holder will be responsible for the efficient and effective development, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the Extended Hours Programme in New Lodge Youth Centre. Extended provision will focus on outreach youth work, late night opening and weekend provision.
S/he will undertake duties under the direction of the Youth Worker in Charge and in line with the Education Authority’s strict guidelines and requirements. They will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with young people, the staff and volunteer team and management to ensure the effective delivery of the project. While duties will be primarily based in New Lodge Youth Centre, the post will include outreach work. The post holder will act as leader in charge In the absence of the full time Youth Worker in Charge (an acting up allowance will be paid). When acting up. S/he will have responsibility for the youth centre, including, supervision of staff, volunteers and young people.
The post holder will work directly with young people to facilitate their personal, social, and educational development, and to enable them to gain a voice, influence and place in society.
Kinderkids Deputy Manager - Closing date Friday 31st August 2018 at 12 noon.
Main purpose of Job
The post holder will be required to supervise an early years’ room within the day-care service; and to be responsible for the day to day operations of the nursery in partnership with the day-care Manager. The post holder will carry out the managerial function in the absence of the Manager.
- To be responsible for the day-care in the absence of the Manager
- To be responsible for the day to day operations of the nursery in conjunction with the day-care Manager.
- To ensure the protection, safety and well-being of children at all times.
- To carry out the supervisory role within an early years room,
- To ensure the nursery meets all legal and operational requirements.
- To ensure that the day-care operates within its policies and procedures
- To effectively deliver the day-care curriculum for 0-5 year olds, using the EYFS framework and to ensure effective delivery of afterschool programmes.
- To work in partnership with statutory, community and voluntary organisations to support the provision of a high quality childcare service and to ensure the requirements of service contracts and funders are fulfilled
- To contribute to the creation, maintenance and improvement of a child centred environment.
- To support and supervise staff on a day-to-day basis and carry out regular staff appraisals and supervision and back to work interviews
- To assist in disciplinary processes within the day-care,
- To collect and complete appropriate administration for income, and petty cash
- To assist in the production of management reports and attend meetings as deemed appropriate.
- To support the day-care Manager in the effective recruitment and induction of new staff,
- To ensure the nursery is staffed to required levels at all times
- To provide effective leadership and management of the nursery team
- To support each child by providing a stimulating and varied programme of play, in order to enhance each child’s abilities; and in a way which ensure the safety and well being of children at all times.
- To integrate with other staff including management, in order to ensure a team working environment.
- To keep strictly confidential any personal information regarding the children, their families or other staff. Such information should only be passed on in the interests of the individual and only to the Childcare Manager/Head of Childcare Services in accordance with GDPR.
- To ensure co-ordination of the early years unit in terms of administration.